Illinois employers are required by law to carry workers' compensation insurance. If you are injured on the job, you are entitled to receive workers' compensation benefits. It is not always easy to secure the benefits you are owed. In some cases, employers and insurance providers may deny your claim or offer a lower amount than you are owed. Mistakes in your application can also lead to unnecessary delays or the rejection of your claim.
The Rodriguez Legal Group LLC can help you with every aspect of your workers' compensation claim. Our workers' compensation lawyers understand that, when you've suffered a workplace accident, you need those benefits to pay for medical treatment and to make up for lost wages while you are out of work. Our team works quickly to resolve issues and help you fight for the full amount you deserve. We are located in Cicero, IL. and we proudly assist injured workers and their families throughout all of the Chicagoland area.
Laws passed by the state of Illinois require that your employer, or your employer’s insurance company, compensate you, or your family, for injuries or death that may occur while you are working. You may be entitled to:
- Weekly benefits while you are temporarily totally disabled and unable to work.
- Payment of your medical expenses.
- Weekly payments or a lump sum payment for partial or total disability resulting from a work related injury.
You should report the injury immediately to your employer. If you cannot reach an agreement with your employer or their insurance carrier, as to what benefits or medical expense payments you are entitled to, you can file your claim with the Industrial Commission.
Workers' Compensation Benefits in Illinois
In Illinois, there are 4 basic types of workers' compensation benefits:
- Medical Benefits: If you are injured on the job or while doing any activity within the scope of your employment, your employer is required by law to pay your medical expenses.
- Temporary Total Disability (TTD): If you suffer a workplace injury or illness that causes you to miss at least three days of work, you are entitled to receive 66.66% of your average weekly wages of the previous year, paid on a weekly basis.
- Permanent Partial & Permanent Total Disability Benefits: Once you have been released from care, you may be entitled to Permanent partial disability, when you are able to return to work but still experience long-lasting effects, physically or financially, as a result of your injury. Permanent total disability if you suffer a permanent total disability or disfigurement that prevents you from returning to any type of gainful employment at all, you are entitled to receive certain benefits determined by a compensation schedule.
- Death Benefits: If your spouse or parent was killed in a workplace accident, you are eligible to receive death benefits through workers' compensation.
Illinois Workers Compensation Attorneys Located in Cicero
If you or a loved one is in need of legal assistance, call the Rodriguez Legal Group LLC at 312-243-6200. The initial consultation is free of charge, and if we agree to handle your case, we will work on a contingency fee basis, which means we get paid for our services only if there is a monetary recovery of funds. In many cases, a lawsuit must be filed before an applicable expiration date, known as a statute of limitations. Please call right away to ensure that you do not waive your right to possible compensation. The Rodriguez Legal Group has helped many injured workers in Cicero throughout the Chicagoland area receive the compensation they deserve. Call the Rodriguez Legal Group at 312-243-6200 today!